Looking for an easy way to track pitch velocity? GameChanger scorekeepers can now receive radar readings from their Pocket Radar Smart Coach device — making it easier than ever to enter pitch velocity while you score.
Once the scorekeeper scores the play and confirms the radar reading, the pitch velocity will be displayed in the play-by-play and on the live video scoreboard.
- An iOS device running the GameChanger App
- A Pocket Radar Smart Coach device
- A Pocket Radar Plus Subscription
- Staff-level access to your team in GameChanger
- First, create an account in the Pocket Radar Sports app.
- When signing up, you must use the same email that you use to keep score on GameChanger.
- When you purchase the Pocket Radar app on your iOS device, that purchase may be used on up to 2 iOS devices with the same Apple ID.
- For example: Purchase on your iPhone and use the app and score on your iPad that is logged in with the same Apple ID.
- From the Pocket Radar Sports app, tap More.
- Choose Pocket Radar Connect.
- Tap Connect next to GameChanger.
- To verify your account is properly connected, open the GameChanger iOS app and tap Account.
- Then, tap Pocket Radar and confirm you see the message: “Your Pocket Radar account is linked to your GameChanger account.”
During the Game
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is on the latest version of GameChanger.
- Enter scorekeeping mode by tapping Score Game.
- From the Menu, make sure the Pitch Velocity Tracking setting is toggled on.
- When the game begins, use your Smart Coach device to track pitch velocities.
- Tap "Add New Session" in the Pocket Radar Sports app and begin tracking velocities.
- In GameChanger, enter the game and use the Pitch Menu to begin scoring.
- GameChanger will preselect the most recent pitch velocity from Pocket Radar.
- Tap Save to confirm the velocity.
- After the scorekeeper confirms the velocity, it will appear in the play-by-play and on the video scoreboard.
- For questions on Pocket Radar Connect, you can email email@example.com.
- Don’t have a Smart Coach device? You can always enter pitch speeds manually using GameChanger’s existing tools.
- The integration is currently only available on iOS devices.
- Only the device used to purchase the Pocket Radar Connect subscription can be used to run the Sports Connect app and score the game on GameChanger.
- This feature will be added to Android in the future. Estimated release TBD.
- The integration will only work on the new GameChanger and Pocket Radar Sports apps.