GameChanger Organizations has taken the next big step with the release of Head-to-Head (H2H) Game Scheduling. Org Admins are now able to access a new Schedule tab within the organization to create new H2H Games against teams that have joined the organization.
Ensure Teams Have Joined your Organization
In order to create an H2H matchup between two teams, those teams must both be members of the organization. Teams that have been invited to the Organization but have not yet accepted that invite will not be available in the dropdown list to schedule against.
Create an H2H Matchup
Only an Organization Administrator will be able to create an H2H matchup through the following steps:
1. Access the Schedule tab within the Organization.
2. You will see an Add Game button at the bottom of the screen. Tap that button to create an H2H Game.
3. As the Organization Admin, you must make selections for the following game attributes:
- Select the Home Team (required)
- Select the Away Team (required)
- Select the Location (not required)
- Start Time (defaults to current day/time)
- Duration (defaults to 1 hour)
- Arrival Time (defaults to “No Arrival Time”)
4. Once you have made those selections, tap Save and the app will return you to the Organization Schedule screen. After a few seconds, your new H2H Matchup will be present in the list.
Bulk Schedule Import
If you need to add many games simultaneously, you may want to upload a .CSV schedule via our Staff Web Portal to get games added more quickly.
- 1. Go to web.gc.com, and request a sign-in link
- Once logged in, choose your league from your list of teams
- Click the blue Add Games+ button, and choose Import Team's Schedule from Spreadsheet from the dropdown
- Use the provided .CSV template or be sure that your spreadsheet is formatted as indicated in the example
- Select your .CSV file, and click the Import Schedules button
Notifications Sent to Both Teams
On event creation, the two Team Communities will receive a notification that the H2H matchup was created and it will be present in their Team Chat as well.
Game Shown in Both Team Schedules
When tapping that H2H matchup in the Organization Schedule list you will see three options:
- View Team A
- View Team B
- Game Info (Org Admin only)
This is because the H2H matchup actually creates two Team Games when it is created - one for Team A and one for Team B. These games will automatically stay in sync in the event that the Organization Admin makes any changes to that H2H matchup. Any changes will be reflected in both Team Schedules.
How to Delete the Matchup (Organization Admins only)
1. Tap the Game Info button.
2. Select the Delete option to remove the H2H matchup. This will automatically remove the game from the Organization Schedule as well as the two Team Schedules. This will also automatically send a cancellation notice to each team's chat.
Thank you so much for participating in the Organization BETA with us, we appreciate both your time and your flexibility in working with us to make this feature/capability the very best that it can be!