If your phone has support for an ultra-wide lens, you’ll be able to use it when live streaming on GameChanger.
Here's how to get started:
- Go live from the GameChanger app.
- Look for the button on the left-hand side of the preview screen.
- Tap the button to observe how the view changes with each lens; the default will be the widest angle your phone supports.
- Start streaming with the lens of your choice.
- You’ll be able to switch lenses while you stream without any interruption.
The ultra-wide lens allows you to capture a much wider view of the action. It’s the 0.5x or 0.6x setting depending on your device.
The standard lens is the 1x setting and is what GameChanger has always supported.
On some iOS devices, you'll see a 2x setting, a telephoto lens, that allows you to zoom in for a closer look at the action.
If your phone doesn’t support the ultra-wide or telephoto lens, you won’t see the button in GameChanger.
On iOS, the following devices support the ultra-wide lens: iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and Pro Max, iPhone 13 and mini.
And the following devices support the telephoto lens: iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 8 plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS and Max, iPhone 11 Pro and Max, iPhone 12 Pro and Max, iPhone 13 and mini.
On Android, certain Samsung devices support the ultra-wide lens and you'll be able to use that with GameChanger. Google Pixel devices are not supported at this time.