Streamers can now use external cameras while live streaming video of their teams from iOS and Android devices.
The following external cameras listed below are supported at this time as well as other cameras that use RTMPS live streaming:
- Mevo Start
- Mevo Plus
- GoPro Hero 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 Black
- GoPro Max
Please note that external cameras supporting RTMP will not work with GameChanger. GameChanger servers require an RTMPS stream URL.
Stream Keys and URLs are specific to each event you stream for, therefore the instructions below will need to be repeated for every event streamed from an external device.
Livestream to Other External Cameras
- Select the appropriate team.
- Navigate to the Schedule tab and select the event that you wish to stream for.
- Tap the Go Live button.
- If you haven’t previously used the feature, grant GameChanger permission to use your device’s camera and microphone.
- From the preview screen tap External Camera on the top of the screen.
- Set the audience you wish to stream to. More about audience controls here.
- Navigate to your Camera’s app.
- Follow the steps from your camera to set up live streaming.
- Navigate back to the GameChanger app and copy the Full RTMP URL or RTMPS URL and RTMPS Stream Key depending on your camera's set-up.
- Navigate back to the camera app and paste the Full RTMP URL or RTMP URL and RTMP Stream Key.
- Complete the streaming setup depending on your camera.
- You can view your stream from within the GameChanger app by tapping into the Live tile.
- To end your stream you must do so from within the camera’s app.