GameChanger has teamed up with Narrative Science to use the data captured while scoring on the app to craft newspaper-quality "Game Recap Stories." As long as a game fulfills both of the following requirements, a story will be generated immediately following a game.
1) Game has 3 and a half innings of game data
2) Game has at least 100 unique and interesting events (events being defined as pitches, hits, etc.)
When generated, the stories can be located in the "Recap Story" tab found in the post-game box score. The recap can also be found in the app by tapping on the completed game from the schedule and tapping 'view game.'
- GameChanger support staff cannot add or remove content to the Game Recaps generated.
- If a Recap Story appears to be incorrect please let our support staff know by writing in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any reuse or republication of this story must include the following attribution. "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger. Copyright 2019. All rights reserved."
- GameChanger now offers Recap Stories for basketball teams. Please take a look at our blog post for more details.
Why do some story details appear to be incorrect?
Some of these errors may be in the technology, but other inaccuracies may be the result of scorekeeper errors and box score editing after the game has been completed. Please write in to email@example.com with any questions.
USSSA Fast Pitch Softball allows the slaughter/mercy rule to end an officially-recorded game before 3 outs are recorded in the bottom of the 3rd inning, meaning there are many games with only 3 innings (not more than 3). Can you change the recap rule to "more than 2 innings of game data" to align with USSSA standards?
I would like to see the "more then 3 innings of game data" to be changed as well! I would also like to see a print and or option for the game recaps from both mobile devices and computers.
Article is closed for comments.