Family, players, and fans are able to search the GameChanger database for existing teams to join! They can request access to a team through this feature, and once their request has been approved, the team will be added to their account.
Requesting Membership (Family, Players, Fans)
- Tap the search icon in the top left of the Home tab in the app.
- Begin typing your team’s name. You can use the Sport, Season, and Location filters to narrow your search.
- Select the correct version of the team.
- Tap the Join Team button.
- Specify if you are a Parent, Player, or Fan.
- Choose the correct player profile from the roster if joining as a Family Member or as a Player.
- Until your request is approved, your status will be listed as Pending, and you will have Fan level access to the team.
If you are already connected to the team as a Fan, you can still request Family Membership by following the steps below. You will continue to have fan-level access until your request is approved.
- Go to the Home tab and select the team your Player is on.
- Tap on the Team section.
- Choose your Player.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap Claim Player As Myself (Players) or Request to be Family (Family Members).
Approving Membership (Team Staff, Family, Players)
Team Staff and existing Family/Players in the app will need to approve any membership requests before the requester is able to access team content. Requests can be approved via the following steps:
- Team Staff or existing contacts will see any membership request notifications in the Home tab of the app.
- Scroll through your teams, and tap the one with the notification bubble.
- Tap on the Team tab.
- Approve or reject the request.