Coaches, Team Managers, Parents, & Players can send and receive messages directly from the GameChanger app. Game canceled? Practice moved indoors? Need help organizing rides home after practice? Team Messaging makes it easier for the entire team to stay on the same page and up to date with any last minutes changes.
Every newly confirmed team member (staff, family, player) is automatically added to the team channel, and anyone who leaves the team is removed. Schedule updates are posted in the team channel. You will also be notified with a push notification when something new is posted.
Coaches and team members are able to message the entire team, certain groups, or individuals within a team.
Team messaging is available inside the app on the bottom toolbar of the home screen. Users must download the app to use the messaging feature. You can also message individual team members from their profiles.
Message Custom Groups
- Tap on the Messages tab in the GameChanger app
- Tap on the box with the pencil in it
- Choose the team you want to message
- Select which members you want to message, and tap "next"
Leave a Conversation
- In the Messages tab, tap on the message you want to leave (you cannot leave the team channel)
- Tap the info icon in the upper-righthand corner
- At the bottom of the next screen, tap Leave Conversation in red
Delete a Message
- In the Messages tab, choose a specific conversation
- Tap and hold the text, photo, or video that needs to be deleted. Note that you will only be able to delete messages you have sent.
- Once you feel a haptic click, you will see the option to delete the message
Attempting to delete old messages from app. Cannot find any help guides.
I would also like to have this feature. When I was piloting the app to see if it would fit our teams' needs, I created a few test messages that need to be deleted.
can I see all my teams, send schedules or messages from my computer or can I only do things on my phone ap?
I'd like to send a longer message from my desktop to the team. I'm not seeing this option?
Would like to name conversations like we did in GameChanger. Makes it easy for tournament specific communications.
Article is closed for comments.