Coaches, Team Staff, Parents, and players can send and receive messages directly from the GameChanger app. Game canceled? Did practice move indoors? Need help organizing rides home after practice? Team Messaging makes it easier for the entire team to stay on the same page and up to date with any last-minute changes.
Every newly confirmed team member (Staff, Family, Player) is automatically added to the team channel, and anyone who leaves the team is removed. Schedule updates are posted in the team channel. You will also be notified with a push notification when something new is posted.
Coaches and team members are able to message the entire team, certain groups, or individuals within a team.
Team messaging is available inside the app on the bottom toolbar of the home screen. Users must download the app to use the messaging feature. You can also message individual team members from their profiles.
Message Custom Groups
- Tap on the Messages tab in the GameChanger app.
- Tap on the box with the pencil in it.
- Choose the team you want to message.
- Select which members you want to message, and tap Next.
Leave or Mute a Conversation
- In the Messages tab, tap on the message you want to leave (you cannot leave the team channel).
- Tap the info icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- From here, you can Mute Notifications or you can tap the red Leave Conversation button to remove it altogether.
Delete a Message
- In the Messages tab, choose a specific conversation
- Tap and hold the text, photo, or video that needs to be deleted. Please note that you will only be able to delete messages you have sent.
- Once you feel a haptic click, you will see the option to delete the message.